After Lap Band Surgery
The Hunger Scale
1. Your stomach acid is churning, and you feel very weak.
2. You feel uncomfortable and irritable.
3. Your stomach is growling and you are hungry.
4. You feel a little hungry and uncomfortable.
5. Satisfied and comfortable, but you could eat a little more.
6. Satisfied and comfortable.
8. Bloated and full.
9. Uncomfortably full.
10. Stuffed. You are so full, you feel sick.
- Eat 2 to 3 meals per day. No snacking.
- Take 1-2 bites, wait 10 minutes before you take your next bite.
- Choose bulky food that will leave you full and satisfied longer.
- DO NOT drink your calories: Only water, crystal light, or sugar-free drinks. Stay away from soda.
- Wait 45 minutes after you take the last bite of your meal before you drink any liquids.
Coping With Food Triggers
Examples of a Full Liquid Diet
Everything in the Clear Liquid Diet Above
Low-calorie soy milk
Clear juices such as apple or grape juice. Can be diluted with water
Vegetable soup without the chunks such as tomato, cauliflower, and pumpkin soup (strained)
Pureed Food: Week 2
How to make a simple puree:
- Step 1: Cut food in to small pieces and place in to a food processor or blender
- Step 2: Add liquid (such as water, low fat chicken broth or apple juice) to cover the blades
- Step 3: Blend until smooth apple sauce like consistency
- Step 4: Strain out any pieces of food, seeds or lumps
- Step 5: Add spices to flavor the puree. Avoid hot spices such as hot sauce, cayenne, and jalapeno peppers)